Friday, May 29, 2009

Toronto Argonauts Release Two, Including Mike Vanderjagt

TORONTO, ON-The Toronto Argonauts have announced the released kicker Mike Vanderjagt and cornerback Jermaine Mays.

Vanderjagt who is best known as ex-kicker for the Indianapolis Colts and Dallas Cowboys had asked the Argonauts for his release so he could spend more time with his family in Florida. When asked if he was retiring Vanderjagt said, "Having been born and raised in southern Ontario, I appreciate the feeling the fans there gave me of always being home. Instead of retiring, I have asked for my release to leave my options open in case my feelings change."

Mays has CFL and NFL experience with the last three coming in Canada with Toronto and Hamilton.

Toronto also announced the signing of quarterback Kinsmon Lancaster, wide receiver William Judson, Jr., and punter/kicker Eddie Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment